As voters expected, incumbent mayors in Metro Manila made a strong showing just hours after the close of polling precincts on Monday – except in Manila.
As of 9:50 p.m. Monday, former President Joseph Estrada was leading over incumbent Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim in the mayoralty race in the Philippine capital.
According to the unofficial partial tally of the Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV), Estrada has 163,018 votes and Lim had 150,434.
As of 10:10, Solar News also gathered the following PPCRV figures for mayoralty candidates in Metro Manila.
- Incumbent Mayor Herbert Bautista - 353,387
- Johnny Chang - 35,223
- Henry Samonte -15,999
- Incumbent Mayor Antonio Calixto - 65,807
- Jorge del Rosario - 15,963
- Peewee Trinidad - 12,792
- Rome Marcelo - 602
- Incumbent Rep. Edwin Olivarez - 79,937
- Incumbent Councilor Benjo Berbabe - 56,430
- Incumbent Mayor Vergel Agular - 27,787
- Conrado Miranda - 741
- Antonio Abellar Jr. - 646
- Kiko Antonio - 380
- Felix Sinajon - 180
- Incumbent Mayor Jejomar "Jun-jun" Binay Jr. - 136,952
- Rene Bondal - 17,519
- Incumbent Mayor Benur Abalos - 50,052
- Danny de Guzman - 23,058
- Florencio Solomon - 273
- Former Mayor Jaime Fresnedi - 44,981
- Incumbent Mayor Aldrin San Pedro - 41,679
- Incumbent Rep. Rex Gatchalian - 95,880
- Adel Gunigundo - 37,989
- Danilo Bonifacio - 467
- Incumbent Mayor Guia Gomez - 19,588
- Glenn Angeles - 4,153
- Eduardo San Pascual - 1,412
other headlines 6 articles - list widget
In-Depth - List widget
Pia Hontiveros, Chief Correspondent and anchor of Solar Network News and News.Ph, presents the Solar News and Current Affairs year-ender special: On the Cusp of Change. A deafening silence, not out of a loss for words but a grief that cannot be spoken, for thousands lost to a super typhoon ... A muted pain from a powerful tremor that violently shook the heart of the nation ... An unspeakable anger over pork barrel that fueled a political maelstrom ... These and other stories from the extraordinary challenging year that was.