Published: Tue, May 14, 2013
As voters expected, incumbent mayors in Metro Manila made a strong showing just hours after the close of polling precincts on Monday – except in Manila.
As of 9:50 p.m. Monday, former President Joseph Estrada was leading over incumbent Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim in the mayoralty race in the Philippine capital.
According to the unofficial partial tally of the Parish Pastoral Council for Responsible Voting (PPCRV), Estrada has 163,018 votes and Lim had 150,434.
As of 10:10, Solar News also gathered the following PPCRV figures for mayoralty candidates in Metro Manila.
- Incumbent Mayor Herbert Bautista - 353,387
- Johnny Chang - 35,223
- Henry Samonte -15,999
- Incumbent Mayor Antonio Calixto - 65,807
- Jorge del Rosario - 15,963
- Peewee Trinidad - 12,792
- Rome Marcelo - 602
- Incumbent Rep. Edwin Olivarez - 79,937
- Incumbent Councilor Benjo Berbabe - 56,430
- Incumbent Mayor Vergel Agular - 27,787
- Conrado Miranda - 741
- Antonio Abellar Jr. - 646
- Kiko Antonio - 380
- Felix Sinajon - 180
- Incumbent Mayor Jejomar "Jun-jun" Binay Jr. - 136,952
- Rene Bondal - 17,519
- Incumbent Mayor Benur Abalos - 50,052
- Danny de Guzman - 23,058
- Florencio Solomon - 273
- Former Mayor Jaime Fresnedi - 44,981
- Incumbent Mayor Aldrin San Pedro - 41,679
- Incumbent Rep. Rex Gatchalian - 95,880
- Adel Gunigundo - 37,989
- Danilo Bonifacio - 467
- Incumbent Mayor Guia Gomez - 19,588
- Glenn Angeles - 4,153
- Eduardo San Pascual - 1,412
other headlines 6 articles - list widget
In-Depth - List widget
Whenever a senator presents a privilege speech, it gets the Filipinos talking. In this in-depth report by Solar News chief correspondent Pia Hontiveros, we look back at memorable privilege speeches.